Saturday, July 11, 2009

Too many dialects!


Wheeeee~~ Off Days! Me love Off Days! :D

Just so you guys know, I'm working in an Audit firm as a trainee. Started last Monday & I have to admit, it's not easy to adapt working life. Luckily mom has been stuffing me with her own office stories ever since I was in highschool :) However I still find it really hard to communicate with the staffs. Language barrier. Or shall I rephrase... DIALECTS barrier! I hate it when Chinese has soo darn many dialects when I could only speak one fluently, the cantonese. My mandarin (which most people called it as chinese) is...always...out of tune. My hakka? worst. I could only understand what they're talking about but I couldn't respond. So, whenever they chit-chat in the office.... I'll be doing my work completely silent. I'm wondering what they thought about me. Hmm.

The work loads are okay. Enjoying them at the moment. I seriously did learn a lot! :)

Whatever it is, I still miss school life. Classes every morning and buzzing off with friends on the latest news around school. *wink :D

****
Dana's back! Watched Ice Age 3 with her, Chen Nam and Esther. Not so bad after all. Beyond expectation (cos I wasn't a fan of the previous 1 and 2).

My favorite part was the "Roger" part. hahahaha!
Check this out! :D


****

Last night, we, (okay... let's specify "we". Bryon, FuiYin, PW, Justin, Vic, Cassie, Ian, Daniel, ChrisW, Doug, Reggie, Darian, Desmond, Avan, Amy and I .. did I missed out anyone?) hung out at Doug's "crib" hahah. (I have to use your word, D.)

I went there late. Everyone finished the food. So I had laichee and longan for starter. haha. Then ChrisW and Daniel went out to buy chicken wings!! They came back with one big bag of chicken wings that can feed the whole village. haha! So, some of us proceeded to the TV section and had Tale of the Despereaux. It was ...... seriously the most random cartoon movie ever. LOL. I was only enjoying the lil mouse called Desparaux. He's soo cute! and the voice of Emma Watson's. :)


Photos are all with Vic <3

****

Watched MJ's BET Tribute on E! with the clan. Apparently I did not write an entry about MJ after his death was because I don't know much about him. All I had with me was his music. I've grown with them and because of his death, I felt like a piece of my childhood died too. He's such a great entertainer. However, another reason I didn't want to make this big deal was because hypocrites out there who turn their backs on him.... now is seen to shed tears and praising his work! What? They only respect him after he died? In fact, in the business world... people are making business by selling his cds just because he got famous of his death. =.= sigh.

Anyways, I'm tired of hearing people telling stories about him. Just let him rest in peace, shall we?

Btw, MSN with Yvonne Loh and she was like "Did you realized everyone was black in the MJ's BET Tribute?"
Lol! of course! I just found out BET stands for Black Entertainment Television. wow, how cool is that.

****

Coming up next:


Sam's back! yayyyy!
Today's All Saints' Bazaar! wheeee~ I'm meeting my All Saints' clan before heading to the bazaar and I'm really exicted about this!
I'm gonna dye my hair. (Hope this time is for real... no more procrastination! haha)
oh yeah! Hong Kong trip this coming Friday! yiipiieee~~ I'm gonna see my big brother! :D


Have a great week, loves!

xoxo,
Sher W.

No comments: