Friday, August 7, 2009

The Host


I was supposed to blog about my 1 week Hong Kong get-a-way but I'm desperate to make a shout-out.

Don't worry, the HK post will be out from the oven soon.

So here it is...
If you have ever read Stephenie Meyer's work... You should try "The Host" as well :)
It's about an alien from other planet invaded Earth and they took over human bodies (the hosts). They lived on Earth and acted like humans. It's a love and heart-warming story. Tears nearly rolled down my cheeks when I reached the saddening part - such a sober. lol. Yes, this is the 1st book that made me cried. It's exciting and I couldn't stop cos I wanted to read what happened next.

The Host is about a a human girl named Melanie Stryder who is also a host to an alien called Wanderer. (they have weird names. lol). Melanie has very strong affections toward two humans, her younger brother Jamie and Jared, her lover. Mel kept showing her memories to Wanderer which made Wanderer couldn't resist but to search for the love ones who they both believes they are still alive somewhere....


hehe. From vampires to aliens. Stephenie Meyer has really exciting mind :)

*****

Happy Birthday to Cyrus and Hannah!
Cyrus' on the 5th & Hannah's one the 7th

I'm blessed to have great friends like both of you. Nothing can replace the memories we had together during high school :) All the best in whatever you guys are heading to. God bless the both of you, always <3

****

Just came back from Carcasean with Cassie,Vic,Ian,PW and Justin. First time there. We hung from 9pm to almost 12am. haha. Had fun playing the beans game. Its really good place to hang out.

Now, I'm going back to my books.
Someone need to motivate me to not procrastinate! lol



Sher W.

No comments: